Increase Your Home's Curbside Appeal
Your home's exterior is the first thing a potential buyer sees when visiting your home. The following tips will help you increase your home's curbside appeal and create a strong first impression to potential home buyers.
· Replace missing slats, stakes and posts.
· Repair broken hinges and paint or stain the fence if necessary.
· Mow, trim and fertilize the lawn.
· Weed flower beds and replace dead plants and trees.
Driveway, Garage, Carport
· Clean up grease or oil spots on concrete surfaces.
· Make sure the garage door opens freely and the automatic door opener is working.
· Provide an unobstructed view of your home from the street by not parking cars, boats or other vehicles in the driveway.
· Polish door handles and door knockers.
· Replace worn or broken items, such as an unsightly mailbox or rusty doorbell.
· Be sure porch lights are working and add welcoming features such as a new door mat and flowering plants.
Siding and Trim
· Consider painting the highlight features of your home, such as trim work, shutters, gutters, down spouts and railings.
· If necessary, add a fresh coat of exterior paint to the exterior siding.
· Remove debris such as tree branches and leaves.
· Straighten the TV antenna.
· Make any necessary repairs to worn shingles or cracked surfaces.
· Flowering plants and outdoor furniture add appeal.
· Remove any unnecessary items such as gardening equipment.
· Tidy any visible items, such as an outdoor grill or barbecue.