Your home's exterior is the first thing a potential buyer sees when visiting your home. The following tips will help you increase your home's curbside appeal and create a strong first impression to potential home buyers.
· Replace missing slats, stakes and posts.
· Repair broken hinges and paint or stain the fence if necessary.
· Mow, trim and fertilize the lawn.
· Weed flower beds and replace dead plants and trees.
Driveway, Garage, Carport
· Clean up grease or oil spots on concrete surfaces.
· Make sure the garage door opens freely and the automatic door opener is working.
· Provide an unobstructed view of your home from the street by not parking cars, boats or other vehicles in the driveway.
· Polish door handles and door knockers.
· Replace worn or broken items, such as an unsightly mailbox or rusty doorbell.
· Be sure porch lights are working and add welcoming features such as a new door mat and flowering plants.
Siding and Trim
· Consider painting the highlight features of your home, such as trim work, shutters, gutters, down spouts and railings.
· If necessary, add a fresh coat of exterior paint to the exterior siding.
· Remove debris such as tree branches and leaves.
· Straighten the TV antenna.
· Make any necessary repairs to worn shingles or cracked surfaces.
· Flowering plants and outdoor furniture add appeal.
· Remove any unnecessary items such as gardening equipment.
· Tidy any visible items, such as an outdoor grill or barbecue.
Experience shows that creating a warm feeling inside your home increases its desirability. View your home with a critical eye. Clean it meticulously, complete minor repairs and add finishing touches. Here's a list of suggestions to get you started.
Doors and Windows
· Consider adding a fresh coat of paint to your front door.
· Polish brass fixtures and be sure door locks work properly.
· Oil hinges to both doors and windows.
· Keep stairways tidy and secure handrail.
· Repair or replace bent or damaged screens and window glass.
· Cut back outdoor plants that restrict natural light.
· Keep windows clean and tidy with draperies firmly affixed and in proper working order.
Floors and Carpets
· Repair or replace missing or damaged tile, hardwood, vinyl and baseboards.
· Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
· Secure loose carpeting and replace damaged areas.
· Be conscious of odors caused by dampness, high-traffic areas or pets.
Closets and Storage Areas
· Ample storage space increases the desirability of the home.
· Keep closets tidy.
· Discard any unnecessary items and consider storing those you do not use frequently.
Bedrooms and Living Areas
· Keep living areas clean and inviting.
· Arrange furniture to allow a spacious atmosphere.
· Make beds, arrange couch cushions, dust shelves, vacuum carpets and touch-up walls with paint or spackling as necessary.
· Wallpaper should be clean and adhere smoothly to the walls.
· Finishing touches such as flowers or candles add to the home's appeal.
Kitchens and Bathrooms
· Clear counters, drawers and cabinets of unnecessary items.
· Clean soap dishes, mirrors, faucets and appliances (inside and out).
· Store cleaning supplies and hang freshly washed towels.
· Be aware of and eliminate odors caused by dampness and hampers.
Counters and Cabinets
· Store infrequently used counter-top items to allow a spacious look in the kitchen and bathroom.
· Keep drawers and cabinets tidy and organized.
Garage or Workshop
· Items should be neatly stored in shelving or wall units.
· Allow appropriate space for the home buyer to visualize their vehicle or workbench.
· Consider moving excess or over-sized items to mini-storage.
There are many factors that affect how quickly your home will sell and how to set its value. Let's look at a few of the more important aspects of selling a home:
What's the Condition of the Property?
The better the home is presented the more successful the selling process will be. For instance, if the house needs a new roof or is peeling paint, taking care of these problems before you list your home for sale should speed along the eventual sale.
Many times a home that is overpriced will sit on the market for many months while similar homes are being sold. The best way to price your home is by doing a Competitive Market Analysis (CMA). Your Realty Executives of Treasure Valley agent will provide this for you.
If financing rates are too high or if the seller requires a larger down payment than is customary for the area, then the financing may delay the sale. A skilled Realty Executives of Treasure Valley agent will be able to help you in this often, confusing process.
Timing also is a factor that affects the sale of your home. It may be a sellers' market or a buyers' market. No one can change market conditions at the time the property is for sale. An experienced Realty Executives of Treasure Valley agent knows the market environment and will advise you on the best strategy to sell the home based on current conditions.
Every buyer makes his or her decision about which home to buy and how much it is worth by comparing it to similar property that's for sale in the area. The current competition always affects the buyer's opinion of your home and what it's worth. So, the question is, what other choices does a buyer have and how does your home compare to others that are for sale?
Promotion is the ability to bring buyers to your property. This includes traditional marketing methods such as advertising. One of the strengths of Realty Executives of Treasure Valley is that our agents are constantly in touch with people who want to buy property.
It is important to note that even the very best promotion has its limitations, because promotion cannot overcome the first five factors if they are out of balance.
So, as you try to sell your home, it's important to first determine if...
· The home is presented well...
· The price is set right...
· The financing is handled correctly...
· The market is buy or seller driven...
· Your property compares favorably to others that are available.
It used to be that relocation services were reserved for big corporations moving their executives from city to city. Now I can offer the same high level of full-service relocation to you and your family!
The same professional service I have provided can now be yours in any city and many foreign countries.
You will have access to critical information about neighborhoods in your target city such as school systems, transportation, recreation, shopping, and other amenities.
I will be in contact with an Agent in your new city, attending to every detail of selling and buying transactions.
I am kept up to date on exactly what is happening with your move, and you'll have access to a toll free number whenever you have questions.
Remember, we hand-pick the best Agents around the world for our Referral Network. Then, I will communicate with them and you every step of the way to assure that every detail your individual relocation will be handled with the utmost efficiency.